Are you planning to mend your ways and focus on your fitness? Have you made up your mind and starting a workout routine soon? Have you decided to give up the lattes, cappuccinos or even a roadside tea for healthier alternatives? Are you going to replace desserts of ice creams and pastries with fruits and nuts?
If you have answered all the questions with a yes then read on. If you are already a fitness enthusiast even you can read on.
And if you are in fact reading on, then it’s time to detox. Before you start a fitness regime and slowly start taking healthy food along with supplements it is imperative that you detox your body to get rid of the toxins and allergens. Before you begin a detox for at least seven days, consult with a nutritionist at Talwalkars.
However here are some detox tips that you can anyhow follow:-
- Make a plan: All fitness programs start with making a plan and having a strategy. First and foremost decide the number of days that you plan to detox. The plan for one month of detox is different from a plan for a one week of detox (consult a nutritionist for more details).
- Willpower: After you have a plan in place make a resolve to stick to the plan no matter what. Make up your mind that this is it, there is no turning back.
- Adios sugar: Try to completely cut out sugar from your diet. Mind you, we said sugar, not sweet products like honey, which if taken in the right quantity is actually beneficial.
- No more soda: Avoid all forms of caffeinated and bottled drinks. Opt for water, coconut water, or lemon juice.
- No more caffeine: Replace all your tea and coffee powder with green tea which is rich in anti oxidants. There are many varieties of green tea that you can choose from.
- Sauna: Make use of the sauna in the gym at least three to four times in a week. Sauna relaxes the body and mind.
- Don’t forget the nutritionist: This is especially essential for those who are planning a one-month long detox program.
- No liquor: For the next several days forget that alcohol even exists. It is essential to rejuvenate the liver.
- No cigarettes: Everyone who smokes is already aware of the fact that cigarette kills. So here’s an opportunity to completely get rid of them.
- Pamper yourself after a few days to stay motivated.
- Drink lots of water every day.