The mere thought of starting a diet can scare many people, after all, one does not get to eat some of the favorite food and mind the calorie intake. And there are many effective diets that will help any person reach their fitness goals. For example, Talwalkars Reduce program is perhaps the easiest, effective, and proven ways to lose weight.
Unless you are really old or diagnosed with a certain disease that demands that you avoid few foods forever, you should remember that starting a diet is a good thing and you need not do it for the rest of your lives. For example, a Paleo diet is good and result oriented when followed for a month or two. Even the person who devised this diet recommends stopping it after two months.
When you follow a diet it just instills a sense of disciplined eating in addition to getting to know the food, its nutrition and the calories in it.
However, regardless of the diet plan, you choose there are 10 rules that one must always follow when it comes to healthy eating.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: Fruits and green leafy vegetables rich in fibers makes you full for a longer time and reduce craving for junk food.
- Never skip breakfast: No matter how much of a hurry you are in the morning, never skip breakfast. Eat a heavy and healthy breakfast every day. Oats are the best option for those who are in a hurry.
- Minimally packaged products: It would be really hard to avoid all the packaged foods and carbonated drinks. Alcohol is another bottled fluid that needs to be avoided. But since It may not be always possible, one needs to maintain restraint and remember the bad affects of these products on health. Binge drinking of alcohol must be avoided.
- Increase water intake: Try to increase the intake of water as much as you can. It flushes out the toxins and curbs hunger.
- Never be hungry: Eat good nutritious food and keep your tummy well fed. Starving has adverse affects and also increases fats.
- Eat more meals: The norm for most people is to eat three meals a day. Break it further and eat six small meals. It will keep the tummy full.
- Push dinner time ahead: Have the last meal of the day two to three hours before bedtime.
- Calories: Count the calories initially.
- Fats: Know the difference between good fats and bad fats and avoid the latter.
- Snack: It’s alright to snack but replaces the majority of unhealthy snacks with healthy fruits and nuts.